Sunday, December 16, 2012

Handmade Christmas: Wooden Popsicles


Hello There!

Christmas is coming up fast! I finished these wooden popsicle treats before Finn made his appearance. It's probably one of those things I'm more excited about than she will be, but I just love this idea. Ana White posted these Popsicles a couple of weeks ago. I had my mother-in-law cut out the Popsicle portions out of some scrap wood. I used my Silhouette to cut out the letters. I'm pretty excited to see my daughter open up this present on Christmas day!






 Follow Me on Pinterest


Saturday, December 15, 2012

Hunting Lodge Nursery

Hello!

We are home with our little bundle of joy, Finn! Big sister is in love, and mommy and daddy are pretty smitten too. Thought I would finally share our "Hunting Lodge Nursery." Click on the images for a larger picture.

Our nursery! The DIY projects in this picture are: the cardboard deer head, curtains, game board frame, and rug.

The other side of the nursery. As I've said in the past, we were dividing two rooms, so the curtains separate the master bedroom and the nursery. I got the curtain wire and curtains from Ikea for close to nothing.

The pictures above the changing table. The "f" alphabet letter is vintage as well as the Huckleberry Finn cover.


The bed skirt was a DIY project. Very very easy. I used hem tape to hem all four sides of the fabric panel and then attached the fabric to the crib with velcro. The fabric is a bark pattern.




 












 Follow Me on Pinterest




Sunday, December 2, 2012

Handmade Christmas: Dinosaur Tail

Hello!

It's time for another handmade Christmas present. This one was completely free to me. I had the fabric, felt and stuffing sitting around. I made a dress up dinosaur tail!

I just winged it. I cut the purple fabric in the triangle shape and with the right sides touching, put the felt spikes in. To make sure the spikes stuck up, each spike is two pieces of felt hot glued together. (hot glued after sewing...you don't want to gunk up the needle!)

I left the big side open, and turned it so it was right side out. I stuffed it pretty full and sewed up in the big end. I made sure the waistband was sewn into the big end when I was closing it up. (zig zag stitched over and over to make sure it holds) I was going to make a strap for the waist, but I decided that I had some fold over elastic (in a fun pink color) sitting around, so I may as well use that.

I'm pretty excited about how it turned out! I'm sure there will be a ton of "Rawr"-ing in our house.

This might be my last post until I have Baby B! I am scheduled to be induced Tuesday morning. Wish me luck!





 Follow Me on Pinterest