This project is a good follow up to Christmas. After Christmas, I do a toy purge. I go through my daughter's toys and either put the toy in storage for when our son is bigger or toss them or if necessary, donate them.
Well I had a straw basket that was doing a pretty good job of holding toys...until Christmas. Even after my purge, there was quite the mess. This is what our toy corner looked like.
We needed a toy box. I started looking around. I didn't want to spend a ton of money. I know we'll move in the next year and a half, and I will want to buy something to fit our next (hopefully bought) house. I couldn't see spending much if anything on it. I decided to make something that will work for the time being. I found this plastic tub at Wal-Mart for $10.00. I thought I would put some fabric on it when I got home...maybe sew a liner.
However, I got home and didn't have a large chunk of fabric for the project, and I didn't forsee getting a chance to buy some with a newborn at home. I decided to bust some scraps. I took some scraps of fabric and used Mod Podge to attach them to the bin. It's a busy, but it's for little kids, so I figure it works.
This is the after of our toy corner. Still full, but certainly less messy.
Post a Comment