I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend! We had a great time! We got to hide eggs for the first time, and our daughter absolutely loved her first egg hunt. We spent the day working outside as a family. Our daughter was even raking up grass clippings and helping put them in the trash. She even helped with this project (and by help I mean she liked to get paint everywhere).
This project is a result of working with what I had in the house.
During a massive windstorm last fall, a plastic plant pot came to our house. I waited for someone to claim it, but no one ever came to grab it. It wasn't the prettiest thing. I decided I wanted to use it, but I needed to do something with it. I decided to use some burlap I had from another project. I used some latex paint had sitting around. I didn't think that the paint would stand very well outside by itself, so I added some polyurthene on top to add a bit of protection. If the burlap is wide enough, it will fold over and the dirt will hold it in place. I used a bit of duct tape to secure the burlap until I add some dirt. I used a bit of ribbon to secure the burlap around the side.
Not a hard project for free. This project only took a couple of hours, and I love how it turned out. Now I am just waiting for the time to plant some beautiful flowers.
Piece of scrap burlap.
Painting with spare latex paint. I put a towel underneath to absorb the extra paint. There will be extra paint since the burlap isn't threaded tightly.
Finished product! Ribbon on the outside for decoration and functionality.
Once we get closer to the spring, I'll put flowers in the planter as well as in the old Pepsi box!
Linked up at: